Monday, July 09, 2007

Tongue of Fires.

Its been a while since i really blogged. A more or less deep post coming up!

I cant believe its already the month of July of Year 2007. It felt as though i have "time-leapt" into the future. Everything of 2nd half of 2006 to 2007 currently literally whizzed past so fast that i myself and am unsure of what i had done, have done. Thinking back, so many things just happened in this two years. It seemed so long ago, but it was only last year that i got my O level results, only last year that i went to NP etc. etc.. What was only a year ago felt like 3 years.

My simple prayer for Michelle(my girlfriend lah) today was that she'll be a light to anyone wherever she is, and that God would use her mightily to do his work. Now i question myself. Am i living my life to the fullest, for myself, and for others? Am i being a beacon of light? Am i letting my talents and potential go to waste? I cant help but meditate, or rather ponder on the Parable of the Ten Talents. Am i going to double the "talents" that i am given, no matter how much, or am i just going to dig a hole in the ground and bury it, and when judgment day comes, i just return that same amount to God without any gain? Only thing Ps Leon Steward said on Youth Sunday that stayed with me was about his friend who looked like Mr Bean, with his trousers belted up to his chest. Certainly not the best looking of the worst too. Yet, YET, God uses him MIGHTILY as he spoke fire and brimstone into lives and spirits of people. Do i want that power? Do i want that authority over the principalities and powers? I yearn for the day where its like the day of Pentecost where the Holy Spirit decends on the people like tongues of fire, and everybody started speaking in tongues, praising, worshipping, being EMPOWERED! Yes, empowered.. Jus like the song goes,

Empower me
Like a rushing river flowing to the sea
Lord, send Your Holy Spirit
Flowing out through me
Till i'm living as Your child
VICTORIOUS and FREE
Send the power of Your love
Empower me.

Now the thing is how much are we willing to press in, willing to press in to see the will of God done, the willingness to see the miracles happen, the blind to see, the lame to walk, the healing to take place in this world, in your country, in your neighbourhood, and even in yourself. How much are we WILLING to PRESS IN to see the promises of the bible carried out. Just like the woman who was bleeding for 12years found in Mark 5:25 - 34. Which comes another song,

Like the woman with the issue of blood
We press in, we press in
Like the blind man waiting patiently
We press in through the crowd

Then suddenly
A touch from heaven
Jesus came and rescued me
Then suddenly
A touch from heaven
Jesus came and set me free

So am i just gonna sit here and see time fly by?? Or will i rise up to the occasion?? What will i do with my talents?? Do i wanna press in??

No comments: