Thursday, June 12, 2008

Unpredictability - Life

With a rather heavy heart i type out this post. Emotionally, I am feeling fine. Have just been pondering over some stuff which had happened so quickly, so suddenly, and which leaves me with a certain taint of uncertainty about what is yet to come.

This past week has been shrouded in this word - death.

'Swift and silent' as many writers would pen.

Yet so close to home n heart this time round.

Two people I didn't know, but we served the same organisation.

One was young, my age, fresh into the itinery and operated right at the block next to mine. Took a walk and next moment just left. Just like that. I still wonder whether I may have passed by or even seen him, during the morning's meal.

Another, already decided to commit, and on the path to a fulfilling life with purpose, honor and prestige. Yet, gone, just like that.

So who are we to blame? The lack of proper measures in place, or simply accept the fact that life isn't a bed of roses? Even if it were, do we forget about the thorns?

I can't remember much about him, except for the few occasions that I've seen him when I was very young. I do not know why he would do such a thing, and I do not want to know. But the stories I've been told about him, at least keeps a flame flickering, that there is at least some good, albeit even a little, in everyone. No matter what the person did, no matter who he was. For now, another chapter closes.

Health. Another concern that yet still lingers. Be it physical or mental health, new issues would still pop out. Take a third-party opinion? Or professional care? Can't help but remember the many years that we spent together, the gatherings, the same old lines that she repeats. But would she be able to remember?

No, I am not sad. Just learning to accept the unpredictability of life. Just learning to accept the facts of life. Not knowing what would happen at the next moment, learning to live life to the fullest.

No comments: