Tuesday, February 19, 2008

[23 Days Left, Part 1 of 2] Amoy Street Food Centre - Vegetarian Food

Helloo. Decided to pull this blog of mine back from the depths of the Mariana Trench onto dry land, and blog about my remaining days as a civilian. Haha. Have planned to do many interesting things and blog about it before i finally get my buzz cut and get my green I.C. Hehe. Got a couple of updates plus loads of pics for you to see. So pls take your time, enjoy urself, and have a good look through. =)

Last Week
Have been busy the past week mainly with my 2nd Aunt's (Gillian's Mother) new menu for her vegetarian food stall located at Amoy Street Food Centre, #02-111. Helped her to take pictures of the food, design the menu and send it for printing. It was quite an enjoyable process as i learnt many things as i completed the tasks. *Great sense of achievement*

Brief Food Review: The food sold at my aunt's stall is really good. No, im not saying it because she's my aunt, but the food's really tasty and having some just makes you crave for more! Many people stereotype vegetarian food to be related to jus bee hoon and mediocre-tasteless-glutin-laden mock char siew and such, but such is not the case for my aunt's. She has a wide spread of selection (you can see from the pics below), and trust me, she doesnt only have 'char siew' but 'fish', 'mushroom nuggets' etc, and they're really great tasting! Her stall was even featured in an episode of a food review programme on Channel 8!

So enjoy the pics and gimme a tag or call if u wanna go down to have some mouth-watering vegetarian food! =)

Amoy Street Food Centre
Near Telok Ayer Street,
Beside Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church
#02-111

No comments: